Victoria Surprise Cake Recipe
Butter, Flour, Two large eggs, 1tsp Baking powder, 4 Drops of vanilla essence, 110g of caster sugar, 110g of butter, 110g of self raising flour, chocolate.
Filling: Strawberries & Creme Fraiche
Equipment: Victoria Surprise Cake Set, Greaseproof paper discs (14cm dia).
Wash pans and bases in warm soapy water, rinse and dry.
- Line the centre of the base with 14cm (5.5") discs of greaseproof paper. Butter and flour the pans and the bases.
- Mix together two large eggs, 1tsp of baking powder, 4 drops of vanilla essence, 110g each of caster sugar, butter and self raising flour. Spread the mix evenly across the pan and bake at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
- For the filling, spread creme fraiche into both sponged, then overfill one with freshly cut strawberries.
- Flip the other sponge over and onto the filled half and gently but firmly press them together.
- Ice with melted chocolate and chill before serving.
Hand wash only, not suitable for dishwashers.